How to get to Santiago after the 1st of November?

As of today, they still confirm the 200km limit, but who knows for how long “they” are going to honor this, and whether or not each and every bus company is going to obey.

" En viajes de menos de 200 km. no se necesitará ningún tipo de documentación."

I am completely confused by the information on Chile Atiende re the entry requirements for residents after Nov 1.
Before you could not travel on to your destination from the airport if it was more than five hours away. Now you have to get an additional PCR at the airport and then you can travel on as long as you interact with no other human beings or take no form of public transport.
This seems even more restrictive.
Also who administers the PCR at the airport, and where do you isolate while awaiting test results?

1 Like

A company working with the Chilean government does the on-arrival test (both throat and nose). It is free and they have been doing it for a while. Latest info coming in is that it takes around 8 hours, so you may already be at home isolating when the results are in. If you have a valid mobility pass (full or temporary), you are free.

The rules from minsal.cl:
https://www.gob.cl/coronavirus/pasoapaso#fronteras/

Are you saying that after the second pcr you are released from cuarentine? Im not reading that. Is their a difference between isolation and cuarentine? From Chile atiende : “All people who enter Chile with a Mobility Pass will be able to finish their isolation period after receiving the negative result of a PCR test carried out in the country”.
Sorry for the google translate.
Does that mean no more cuarentine for you or you can commence your cuarentine?
If you need to cuarentine you can not board a plane to return to your home.

After October 31:

If you have a valid green pass, you are free after the on-arrival negative result is in.

If not, you are still subject to 7 day quarantine.

Don’t bitch to me as I am not the one in authority,

Hey, that could be a rap song.

Please take no offence, Chilean words have subtle meanings that I frequently misunderstand.

So i hear one can get into Columbia and Mexico with not even a test.

Question is what one must do to be able to get there for even a vacation at this point

Assuming no PdM, if you read the rules, the only possible permission is residency. So perhaps visit those places after traveling to the Empire for residency purposes.

Would appreciate anyone with direct experience with the new 200 km rule!!!

Would appreciate anyone with direct experience with the new 200 km rule!!!

Anyone??

Update, the December 1 deadline has been extended to 45 years and older…

Good news. All wea leaving Chile requirements end starting December 1.

Ok, my wife went to Terminal Alameda today to really confirm this and it is true at least for Pullman Santiago-San Antonio.

Hi guys, just found this forum - hopefully it will last longer than the last one :slight_smile:
Just to confirm - I arrived back to Chile last week after a trip abroad.
PCR test administered in the airport, results in after about 10 hours. As it was negative, all restrictions are lifted. Pretty easy this time around.
Did the same in July and had to do 10 day full quarentine.
I am fully vaccinated (including booster) and permanent resident.
It is my understanding that from 1st of december, the PCR is no longer necessary if you have the booster shot.

Get the popcorn out for this one. A cancellation of summer vacation for more than a few. They are striking deep into the generation that knows how to break and burn things and who are not used to real discussion and debate.

Apologies in advance, but today I read on the minsal site the following:

La autoridad señaló que debido a la nueva situación generada por la variante Ómicron, los viajeros que tengan dosis de refuerzo deberán realizarse una PCR en el punto de ingreso y realizar cuarentena hasta que el resultado sea negativo, independiente de su estatus de vacunación.

I believe this means that PCR tests will continue at the airport and that further travel by public transportation is contingent on the results of the test.

Deberan means should or shall in this context?

Im returning to Chile in 2 days and need to change connecting flights if it is so.

How old are you? Remember, Pase de Movilidad for citizens and residents 45 years + is deactivated without a mevacuno.cl approved booster beginning December 1 which means you will not be able to take further public transport. But given the business of the airport, they may not check your Pase.

If you do have a valid Pase, then you can continue on the next flight on condition that you will isolate at home till negative test result.

If no valid Pase, then you either find private transport or isolate in Santiago till negative test result and then use that negative test result to continue home via plane or bus within 48 hours.

Thank you Eeuuikkeiexpat. I am over 45 and have all boosters. I fear that my currently valid pase will be un authorized until the results of the airport PCR test. In other words I will not be allowed on a connecting flight to Aysen.
Traveling to Chile is like flying into a black hole. No one knows what is on the other side.

If you seem to be obvious gringo or foreigner, domestic security may not check the validity of your Pase assuming that you are a tourist boarding their onward flight to their destination where the tourist will isolate till test result is in.

Worth a try if too late or expensive to reschedule the flight.

But if your Pase already recognizes the booster, then there should be no worries at all.