Gonzalo L arrested

Gonzalo Lira arrested by Ukronazis of SBU
Pray for his safety pic.twitter.com/Oz5ZKqlpLV

— Angelo Giuliano 🇮🇹 🇨🇭/ living in 🇨🇳 (@Angelo4justice3) May 5, 2023

More details

That article is a hatchet job created to support US domination of the world by crucifying anyone brave enough to question the US narrative. Are Chileans being fed that narrative also?

1 Like

It is a hatchet job, obviously pro-US reporting, supporting their narrative of Good US, Bad Russia. Is the Chilean media parroting the US narrative or actually giving some air time to the Russian narrative? Sorry for an almost repeat post. My other post did not appear so I wrote this one.

1 Like

Of course. But there seems to be a similar split like up north between Putin is a ruthless supposedly commie dictator like during the cold war (stance of the left and right neocon types) vs. a nationalist leader defending the history and traditional culture and religious sensibilities of his people (alt-right, Trumpism, Tucker Carlson stance).

1 Like

The US dominance of the world of information will continue – until their ability to dominate is (at least, technically) challenged. By some other serious player. Who has to at least try to build a similar network of social media providers, with global audience. But in the foreseeable future, there is no hope, IMO…

1 Like

Haven’t looked recently, but on cable and on local digital TV at a certain time, Russian RT news was available.

But I do see the split as I described above as I closely follow Chile Twitter feeds to the “right” of the contrived spectrum.

Having access to both parties would be helpful – if each of them were ready to provide deep, insightful, thorough analysis – directed at those who have the ability to see and understand. Then we would be enjoying a true intellectual dispute.

But not. Both sides either speak on the “emotional” level only, or we must listen to their usual meaningless propaganda (one kind vs. another kind).

Of course, sometimes there are exceptions, and certain sources of information may be enlightening.

the divisions or red and blue are not reflective of the people I know. They are on both sides of the political divide but have the intelligence to look at the world 360 degrees instead of the narrow windows of blind patriotism and national propoganda.

I agree, most people are followers and want their realities spoon-fed to them. And when segments wake up, the elite (the ones who own all the corporations and politicians) pit the politcal sides against each other constantly to take the attention off of them.

For a previous discussion where talk about Gonzalo brought up the Russia - Ukie topic:

1 Like

Absolutley a hatchet job. It is a sad day when there are no publications to cite that are not as such!

An update. Gonzalo is now on international incident status. He has become a subject of political negotiation. Facing nearly a decade in jail time for critical of ukraine.

He is facing (now) 13 years in a ukraine prison…

Finally an article that is not seething with hatred for a person who deigns to have an unpopular opinion with zelensky

He is back after over 2 months on maximum security uke prison

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AW274f8s-ws

Gonzalo Lira has now been re-arrested by UKEs as he tried to cross the border to Hungary.

US State department knew of his initial arrest in May (see video in link)

He says he was tortured.

An then they send out someone to toot the SBU horn and gloat about how “they gotz him!” and its only cause they are just so shiny and fabulous

Unbelievable! US citizen detained by US ally tortured by US ally and then redetained by US ally while trying to leave the accursed place.

For what? Daring to criticize the war.

Saw an update by a reporter again asking the US state department for an update on Gonzalo L

Here was the conversation

MR MILLER: Go ahead.

QUESTION: Thank you, Matt. So last week I asked you about Gonzalo Lira. He was the U.S. citizen arrested in Ukraine, got out briefly, tweeted about it, and since then no one’s – no one’s heard from him. So – and last week when I asked you, you said you would verify it. So has the State Department looked into that case?

MR MILLER: So I will say that the safety and security of every American overseas is our first priority. Because of privacy rules we’re unable in a lot of cases to talk about specific cases, but obviously the safety and security of Americans is our top priority.

QUESTION: Are you working with Ukraine on this to talk about getting him released?

MR MILLER: Again, because of privacy considerations, there’s nothing further I can say.

Is anyone surprised that the smokescreen is “privacy concern” for someone who is tortured and imprisoned by a US ally?

“Sure US citizen might be dead/disappeared…but at least we have a reason to have no update”

Ah finally some updates on Gonzalo.

Elon musk at the prompting of Tucker Carlson has publically askes Zelensky to explain WTF is going on with Gonzalo.

Mr Miller will also have some explaining to do.

Hope it is not too late for Gonzalo

Gonzalo is dead…reported by his father

No words

Gonzalo Lira, Sr. says his son has died at 55 in a Ukrainian prison, where he was being held for the crime of criticizing the Zelensky and Biden governments. Gonzalo Lira was an American citizen, but the Biden administration clearly supported his imprisonment and torture. Several… https://t.co/F0nOG9qGvv

— Tucker Carlson (@TuckerCarlson) January 12, 2024

BREAKING: It is with great sadness I must announce that Gonzalo Lira @GonzaloLira1968, passed away in a hospital according to his father, who has been fighting to get his son much-needed medical attention for the past weeks.

Here is a hand-written note from Gonzalo which I… pic.twitter.com/jY8Mh0xQV3

— Alex Rubinstein (@RealAlexRubi) January 12, 2024

For all the supposed misdeeds of his past as a pro-male coach in the hard to impossible navigattion of the indoctrinated male-female game of the present, he had the principles to stand for a higher purpose in his final years that led to his death. He is supposedly related to the Liberator Carrera, whose bust is displayed in many parts of Chile (for me the plaza of Llolleo which even the Octubristas never destroyed or defaced).

He had hinted that his family would have probably been liquidated Mao Pol Pot Marxist style under Allende.

And he also said he wanted to reveal workings of the elite families which we now will never know.

Kudos and RIP.