Don't Look Up Netflix movie

Guess where the Mt. Everest sized comet is calculated to hit? Offshore Chile. During the film, when the idiocratic US President is speaking, there is a reference to illegal Chileans (probably fleeing the projected comet impact area) entering the country.

1 Like

Bahahahaha…just watched that movie. Oh brother. Meryl Streep with jonah hill telling us how hot she is in the movie. What is even going on right now???

Nihilism. What else is to be said?!? :smirk::cat2::deer::ram::monkey_face::kissing_closed_eyes::monkey_face::derelict_house:

I found the fact that the guy went to bed with the vaccuous cate blanchet was over the top. In reality he would have self destructed before legit cheating.

I almost didn’t finish watching it because the cynicism was just so in my face. It was like a cynical parody about cynisism🤯

I got a little irked that they were dragging Chile into the movie. They could have used a number of other countries to describe as desperate and fleeing.

Cmon we dont do that here. We are far too civilized. If a comet were headed to land off the coast we know there are only a few things to do

1. March in the street with pots and pans and signs that talk about our dignity and how the comet is actually a fascist anti-dignity comet

2. scrap the constitution and rewrite it from scratch with clause that mandates "no astral body may impact the same planet where chile is a resident country

Job done

1 Like

JaJa, “Don’t look up, the in-Chile story: Idiocracy meets ELE comet strike from the Chilean perspective”.

March in the street with pots and pans and signs that talk about our dignity and how the comet is actually a fascist anti-dignity comet

To be fair, that was basically the message the producers were going for. I still can’t believe that god awful movie came from the same brain as that which produced The Big Short, one of the most important films of all time.