Chile's proposed left-wing constitution could spell chaos

Read one analysis that said the left in Santiago can always count on a loyal force of around 250,000 to show at such important events.

Yeah, the Apruebo propaganda machine is working overtime…

Or as a funny post I read observed, that is the FONASA waiting list if APRUEBO wins.

2 Likes

No classes today at my voting location which is in view of the depto. Looks like they are airing out all the rooms where the voting will take place.

When I went to the feria, the entrance to the school only had two bored soldiers, a man and a women with their battle rifles.

Received my booz.cl order today just in time for the vote and possible chaos! :clinking_glasses: :cocktail: :tropical_drink:

1 Like

At this hour at the school, appears the persons working the tables are having their orientation meeting for the big day.

Well, it seems I am then underprepared. LOL.

I have enough to get me through three to four weeks. Seems I am a noob amongst veterans.

Maybe a couple of years of lawlessness and chaos is what we need?

Trouble is that even if Rechazo wins, Boric will just elect a new constitutional convention and re-start the whole clown show over again, while the Left throws a massive temper tantrum and burns down the country. They’re going to make Chileans keep voting until they get the “correct” result that they want, while the country descends into riots, strikes, blockades, paros and chaos.

Maybe so but I doubt that left realists to the center or unaffiliated silent majority to the right well have the patience for this and if the extreme left persist, they will have the same cancel and physical attacks used against them that they brought on all who disagree with them.

And I do think certain intelligence agencies have dirt to spill if they continue this wea.

2 Likes

I think you will find that Boric doesn’t have the power to unilaterally do that, and will have to put the proposal to Congress.

That’s part of the “Checks and Balances” incorporated in the existing constitution, precisely the power limitation that Boric & Co want to abolish.

And its unlikely that the Senate will be agreeable to a rehash of the CC, where they would be voting for their own abolishment.

So more years of politicking in store…

Exactly. He thinks he can do all sorts of things.

Reality is different. If they want another shot at failing they will need to take another fresh vote to spend the fresh multiple millions USD required to finance endless incomptence.

Nahhh, all they have to do is pressure Marcel to use that huge IMF credit line for the good of the party and people.