The shit show is starting up again

They’re starting the estallido social playbook all over again. No doubt it will be escalated to pressure the cowardly Chile Vamos opposition to agree to yet another plebiscite.

They don’t care that the country is sick and tired of these antics, that have gone on for 3 years now. They need to give it a f’ing rest.
Chile doesn’t want a commie state.

I agree that they’re using the same old tactics, but the key difference this time is that they demonstrably no longer have the support of the Chilean public. I saw a news report yesterday of the chaos at the metro stations, and those interviewed were openly condemning the protests and the individuals who were preventing them from going to work and feeding their families, saying things like “We’re tired of all this”.

Three years ago, the average Chilean would not have dared to publicly say such things , fearing reprisal from the baying mob who would have labeled them as “fachos”. Now the Octuburistas know that they are in the minority and the Chilean people at large have roundly rejected their toxic ideology , they won’t be nearly as brave.Let them have their little temper tantrums, they have no power anymore and will soon become irrelevant.

2 Likes

Sounds like a pressure cooker. When will it blow off again is the question.

2 Likes

I hope you’re right.

I did my customary shopping at the HiperLider today and was scratching my head why it was soo crowded and busy today (which is the reason I shop around 2 pmish on Wednesdays or Thursdays). Lines at all checkouts including the self service areas, lots of full carts but no upcoming long holiday weekend so what could it be? The conditioned urge to stock up ahead of a certain violent day?

Our HiperLider sports a new tall perimeter fence topped with a roll of shiny razor wire that they started building/renovating the week before September 4 and fully completed about two weeks ago.

Always good to be prepared for an earthquake to zombie anarchist commie attacks that may disrupt next week’s shopping experience in these inflationary times.

Our Lider Expres usually calms down at about 1:30-2 in the afternoon on weekends, so we tend to go at about 2:30. Last Sunday we did that and the place was packed from the parking lot to the inside of the store to the checkouts. Maybe it was people doing earlier stocking up too?

My husband is supposed to go into Santiago on the 18th for work. He decided to take the afternoon of.

35 minutes till sunset here on the coast.

Well today has been unexpected. Where are all the experienced antifa frontliners, football and narco gangsters and the take advantage of the situation lumpen and common criminal pile ons?

Is Sr. Tellier waiting for the right time in the night time?

According to the police reports, there was a significant amount of saqueos etc but lower than previous year.

2022: Balance por el 18-O: Monsalve informa de 195 detenidos, 15 saqueos y 150 eventos de alternación del orden público | Emol.com

2021: Balance policial 18-O: 2 muertos, 45 carabineros lesionados y 244 detenidos por saqueos | Nacional | BioBioChile

Why that should be, since nothing has changed for the better, not even for the Orcos…suspect that its the difference between “free-range” spontaneous violence by the lumpen, as opposed to organized violence, as in the so-called estallido.

It would have been counterproductive for the lefties to mobilize their shock troops now that they own the government.

Either that, or Battle Fatigue?