Solar security camera , cloud storage, remote (international ) 24/7 viewing, good value and tech support

Hi forumites

A friend of mine in Canada has a Lorex system and he can view his rental property 24/7 from another province via the internet for live viewing up to a week’s worth of replayable cloud storage. Also he gets excellent human tech support

Is there a similar, reliable, well warrantied , solar powered surveillance camera set available in Chile where the camera records up to a week loop with cloud storage and where the property can be remotely viewed 24/7 from Canada? Sadly Lorex does not include Chile in the countries they sell and service in.

Found some cameras that specify only 2.4 gz… is that applicable to the wifi in Chile? I am not a techie.

Not a solar solution. But, UniFi Camera Security - Ubiquiti has an extensive selection of cameras that you can use. You purchase the cameras, appliance (Hard Drive, and NVR), have it installed on site and you can get access over the internet.

The best thing is that there is no monthly fee, you own your data and the “cloud” service is just a portal to see your cameras from anywhere. Hope it helps!

1 Like

Thanks chalksquire, I really appreciate your info. It sounds like a good system but sadly, too easily disabled by shutting the power off. But, maybe… if one camera was trained on the breaker box…

Correct, they work via Power-over-Ethernet (POE). Your suggestion sounds like a good idea. I know you are in chilito so. Using Armored ethernet and/or running the cable through a steel conduit, and not exposing it. Camera G5 Dome Ultra - Ubiquiti Store

The beauty of POE is that it is easy to install, how you protect the connection is up to you. It just requires your switch to be up and running to deliver power. You can also connect the switch to a UPS APC Back-UPS ES 550VA, 120V, 8 NEMA outlets (4 surge) - BE550G | APC USA
for maximum up-time. I hope this helps!

Can one even transport such an APC UPS via air?

WiFi solar-powered cameras are Chinese consumer toys, you won’t see them in any serious installation.

As chalksquire says, PoE is the only way to go, but it requires a lot more effort than just sticking up a wifi camera.

And being Chile, cameras are liable to get stolen.

If you google monitoreo videovigilancia you can find Chilean companies that offer this type of service

very informative chalksquire, thank you!

thanks feargle, will go there

good question eeuu