Customer Service

Tried to order a product a few days ago. This international company conducts its business with a chat application. Here’s how that went:

13:10:29) Web User ab5dc3b44cd12e9058253d7b: Quiero cotizar un producto
(13:10:31) Edwin: ¡Genial! :woman_technologist::shopping_cart::shopping: Por favor deja tus datos en el
formulario y mantente en línea. En minutos, un ejecutivo te
asesorará en la compra.
(13:10:32) Edwin:
(13:11:03) Web User ab5dc3b44cd12e9058253d7b:
Correo electrónico: ******@gmail.com
¿Cuál es tu producto de interés?: Termo a gas
(13:11:05) Edwin: Gracias! Recuerda mantenerte en línea para hablar con un ejecutivo de ventas.
(13:12:28) Karina Pelayo: Hola, buen día. Bienvenido(a) al chat oficial de Rheem.
(13:12:36) Karina Pelayo: ¿De cuantos litros?
(13:12:44) Yo: 190
(13:13:18) Yo: Gas Licuado
(13:14:35) Karina Pelayo: Un momento por favor para corroborar stock
(13:15:31) Karina Pelayo: ¿Desde qué comuna nos ecribe?
(13:15:41) Yo: La Serena
(13:16:23) Karina Pelayo: Un momento por favor
(13:35:23) Yo: alo???
(13:37:38) Karina Pelayo: Disculpe la demora, aún no me corroboran el stock
(14:01:30) Karina Pelayo: disculpe la demora
(14:02:11) Karina Pelayo: Para no dejarlo en espera mientras me
corroboran el stock, indíqueme un número de teléfono para que mi supervisor lo llame cuando ya tengamos una respuesta
(14:03:21) Yo: Linea fija 51 *** ****, gracias
(14:04:07) Karina Pelayo: Estamos en contacto, hasta luego.
(14:04:25) Yo: OK

Took the Salesgirl 55 minutes not to give me an answer. As to the phone follow up, that didn’t happen either.

you really have to want to be here

Sometimes, no most of the time actually, I wish I were somewhere else…

The item I was trying to buy wasn’t cheap either , at around a palo, 1M$.

It´s amazing how many companies will spend fortunes on sales and marketing and adverts and cold calling you with stuff you don´t want but when you contact them out of the blue and say you want to spend a decent amount of money on their products but just want to check one or two minor details first they somehow manage to mess it up.

Not just in Chile either.

As a follow up, I found another company who assured me that they had this item in stock. But after a week or so…

…efectivamente el equipo adquirido no se encuentra disponible, informado ayer en la tarde, por lo que la importación de estos equipos estará disponible a contar de Abril 2023.

Quiero informar que la venta tendrá que ser anulada por mala información brindada desde la fabrica, por lo que le solicito datos bancarios para devolución de lo cancelado.

Now I just hope the 1M$ I sent them is returned…if all else fails, Webpay is supposed to cover this.