Welcome to Discuss Chile

Hello All,

Glad to have stumbled across this forum. I was apart of the old allchile for as long as I can remember. (Probably close to 20 years), Same username, just now a little older and a little more mature. Hoping everyone here is doing well.

Welcome Chupacabra, I remember you!

1 Like

I remember you as well gringalais. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice to re-connect.

1 Like

Welcome back. Greetings from my family vacation in Papudo. My second time here and the difference in the type of tourists vs. other Chilean summer vacation hell holes is noticeable.

In regards to Papudo, really? My husband and I did a spontaneous road trip, pre-pandemic in 2017. We had both been to Papudo in the past and thought we might stay a few days there, but the vibe felt really off and sketchy. It wasn’t peak vacation time, but it was just after September 18, so there were tourists. I remember we went into a restaurant by the beach to see about having lunch and it was dark and depressing.

Honestly, that whole trip was kind of a disaster. It was crowned by taking that new road highway through Chamisero/Chicurero and having to scour the car for change because we were out of cash and didn’t realize there was a second toll. We had issues getting cash along the Panamericana on that trip. Few ATMs and some were empty.

Good to hear it seems to have improved.

Trips now and two years ago when things were just coming off the “Pandemia”.

I live in the province of San Antonio and know what flaitedom is like, San Antonio, Cartagena, El Tabo, El Quisco, the pretenders of Algarrobo and the bad element that comes to Santo Domingo just because they think lukas means the right to be the rich asses they think they are. And the the stories from Pichilemu to El Molle not to mention the decline of Viña.

Of course, we stayed in pure condo apartment rentals and I carefully chose the restaurants to eat in but the overall politeness and even the surprising help we received from fellow apartment stayers to help move some heavy luggage to our apartment rental with multiple stairs and an elevator temporary out of order is just not seen in Santiago and other impersonal parts. There is no loud reggaton music anywhere, idiots carrying their personal bluetooth boom speakers, sidewalks full of illegal vendors or types walking around in a threatening manner.

And then there are places like our recent stay at Hotel Termas and Spa Puyehue for true pretend/behave like the elites if not one already. I recommend the all-inclusive plan for that place for those who can afford it. Even once will be memorable.